Stuffed Sweet Bell Peppers with Sweet & Spicy Flavor Beef Brisket JerkyIngredients:
- 4 Sweet Bell Peppers, red, yellow or orange, Holland Bells recommended as the skin is thicker
- 5 tbsp pure Olive Oil (not EV)
- 1 small Vidalia Onion, small diced
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic, finely diced
- 1 cup ripe de-seeded and small diced tomatoes
- 1 lb of ground beef or buffalo
- 1 tsp. Chipotle Tabasco Sauce
- 2 oz. fine chopped HOJ Sweet and Spicy Beef Brisket Jerky
- 1 1/2 Cup of cooked Basmati Rice
- 1 tbsp Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce
- Kosher Salt to taste
- Fresh ground cracked pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Cut off the tops of the Bell Peppers and a small slice off the bottom of the pepper (so it sits flat) and de-seed. Roll exterior lightly in olive oil and place in a cast iron pan, open end up. Reserve tops and roll in olive oil.
Saute onions in olive oil until translucent, add the garlic, tomatoes and cilantro and cook on low heat for another 3-4 minutes, drain mixture reserving any liquid.
Mix the remaining ingredients with the onion and tomato mix until well blended. Stuff peppers with mixture and drizzle reserved olive oil/garlic/tomato mixture over the top. Top with the pepper tops and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the internal temperature is 160°F.
Serve immediately. Garnish with sour cream and fresh cilantro.
A nice side is sour cream mixed with fresh cilantro, a little honey, fresh fine chopped garlic and a little lemon juice.